History of the firm
E H Tebbutt & Sons has been providing quality legal services to clients for over 100 years. The firm was established in 1910 by Ernest Henry Tebbutt, who was subsequently joined by his sons William Alston Tebbutt in 1923 and Roy Elliott Tebbutt in 1926.
Roy Tebbutt's son H W (Peter) Tebbutt joined the firm in 1953 and retired as a consultant in 2005. The firm has always practised in the vicinity of Martin Place being sited at 28 Martin Place until 1967 and then 82 Pitt Street until 1982.
The firm moved to its present building at 115 Pitt Street in 1982 and occupied level 15 for nearly 25 years. In September 2006 the firm moved to premises on level 16.
In March 2010 the Law Society Journal published an article celebrating E. H. Tebbutt & Sons 100 year anniversary.
The firm today
Today the firm remains very much in the manner in which it was founded, that is reflective of being a traditional family orientated type firm, but now provides a wider area of expertise.
We pride ourselves on acting for sometimes up to three generations in one family.
- The firm has also developed a strong commercial practice particularly servicing small businesses.
- The firm provides high quality legal service based on partners' accessibility at a competitive price.
- The firm has also extended to providing high quality family Law and de facto relationships services to a large variety of clients.